Week 11: Marketing with LinkedIn

 I made an account with LinkedIn and from my research, I have realized that the platform itself is a little difficult to use if you haven't been on it before. It is also a little hard to navigate especially when you just want to browse the site. There are lots of links and things to click on when you are browsing the website. The platform also reminds me of Facebook because it has a similar layout and how the website just generally looks. 

When I first signed up I didn't know if I should promote myself but I did end up doing a personal page and I found it generally easy to set up. It gives you step-by-step instructions and helps you along the way on how to use the website effectively. I also find that there are things that you can consistently update every time you are on the website. I often see that it is mostly used to find jobs or just networking with people that have the same interests as you.

I also saw that there is a premium version that you can subscribe to and get benefits. There are 4 ways to use LinkedIn according to the website. They are career, business, sales navigator, and recruiter lite. Career will help you find a job on LinkedIn. Business will help you grow your business. Sales Navigator will help you find your target market and get insight. Recruiter lite will help businesses find and hire people. 

Comments

  1. Clare,

    I thought the platform was a bit difficult to use as well. I always find signing up for a new platform is a bit confusing at first. I have to use it for a while to get comfortable on it. Personally, I do not like the app and I think it is because it is so similar to Facebook. I've never enjoyed that type of layout for social platforms.

    Do you think LinkedIn is an effective tool in all of its uses? Does it work for people looking for work, looking to grow their business, finding your target market, or searching for employees?

    Great post!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts